Sunday, 17 January 2010

Finished painting.

I managed to force my way into the Studio yesterday as the doors had finally defrosted enough to turn the handles. The smell of wood and paint and clay was strong after being closed up for the last few weeks and I was filled with such longing to sit and create. My toes however began to ache with the cold and I knew it would still be far too cold to work out there. Maybe next month!



The painting for the Valentine card was nearly finished and after collecting my favourite brushes from the Studio, I settled in the warm kitchen with Capercaillie playing on my tiny MP3.



I'm sure I'll still be tweaking this over the next few days, but it's basically finished now, and I'm quite pleased :)

8 comments:

Jasmine said...

Very beautiful.

Yarrow said...

Thank you Jasmine :)

Julia Kelly said...

This is wonderful and am impressed you are almost there for Valentines day- havent even thought of it!!

ruthie said...

i love your painting, beautiful indeed. Do you still have lots of snow? ourshas all gone, though we are due more on wednesday!

Yarrow said...

Thank you Julia and Ruthie. Our snow is almost gone now and we too are forecast for some more, but I doubt it will settle (I hope!).

Renee said...

Oh my God it is beautiful. You are so amazing.

xoxo

Julia Guthrie said...

Oh wow...I love this painting! It's so beautiful. xx

Yarrow said...

Thank you guys, for your kind words and for visiting me :)