Saturday, 2 January 2010

January - Studio



The studio is still out of bounds at the moment, due to the freezing weather. The clay is frozen as are my glazes and water pots, plus it's too cold to sit out there for any length of time.

Therefore, I have taken over the kitchen table! Here are a selection of models and arms and legs for dolls made from the air hardening clay. The materials I use are definitely seasonal as even in the kitchen, the ceramic clay is too cold to work with comfortably. So Winter often finds me painting or working in other mediums. The doll making is a new thing for me, but I'm finding it very satisfying.



Arnold cat does love to supervise and I'm pretending he's not sitting on our kitchen table, like he's pretending not to be looking for food!

4 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

I find you to be endlessly talented!
How wonderful to find you have a new blog. May you find warmth amongst your winter days.

Yarrow said...

Thank you for such lovely comments Tammie, I'm glad you dropped by :)

Renee said...

The dolls look like magic darling.

xoxo

Yarrow said...

Thank you Renee :)

Scroll down for the new posts :)