Sunday, 14 March 2010

My Muse.

What can I say about this little guy? After I lost my beautiful horse of 20years, I never thought another would mean anything to me, but Merlin was not one to give up.



He is so funny, intelligent and sometimes even a little naughty, but our cuddles are the best. Being an Eriskay Stallion, he is more laid back and affable than your average stallion, but I wouldn't take a chance with someone he didn't know,




and I would never suggest other people allow a stallion near their face either.



Merlin is often my muse, my inspiration and my escape from the stress and strains of the real World. He will often be found galloping through my art and is the model for my latest painting, the Eriskay Pony. But he is also sometimes the reason that I don't have a great deal of time to actually sit down and paint! Well, him and my two children, that is :)

It would be unfair to talk about Merlin without giving a mention to our other pony, Toffee. He is Merlin's exact opposite, where Merlin is a Ferrari, Toffee is a Volvo. He is steady and reliable. The perfect family pony as, apart from my husband, we can all ride him and he is a great confidence builder for children and adults alike. He too has featured in a few of my paintings and I like to use his striking colours as a contrast to Merlin.

4 comments:

a mermaids purse said...

awwww thats a lovely post! wonderful stallion and pony! ;0)...your life seems so magical and a delight to view a glimpses of it through your blog ;0)xx hope your having a wonderful mothering sunday x

Yarrow said...

Thank you Kaz, it's been good so far :) Hope you're having a good day too :)

Roses and Lilacs said...

It would not be wise to put you face up close to a quarter horse stallion. Your Merlin certainly is a mellow little gentleman.

BTW, love your studio!!!!
Marnie

Yarrow said...

Quite right too, Marnie, and I wouldn't let anyone else do it to Merlin either. I know exactly how to read Merlin's moods and know when he really wants a cuddle and when to stay away!