Friday, 26 March 2010

Progress.

It's been an interesting week, with my time being divided by so many things, from poorly hens to busy children and demanding ponies. Somewhere in amongst all of that, I've managed to do a little painting, but no housework, haha! Well, something has to give! The self portrait has been progressing steadily and having undergone several facelifts, now looks nothing like me. Well, isn't that often the case? Having been accused of making myself look too glamorous or too young I've taken the painting down and will take a break over the weekend. A new week and a new perspective is what's needed I think.

In the meantime, it's back to badgers and fairies :)

2 comments:

Julia Guthrie said...

Self portraits don't have to look like a photo...it's called artistic interpretation. We only need to capture a part of our creative soul! :) (says she who has done a few that look a wee bit 'better' than the photo!LOL)

Yarrow said...

I'm discovering that Julia :) It's great fun though.