Thursday, 17 June 2010

Join me.

On June 26th there is to be a Mad Hatter's Tea Party. It's being organised by Vanessa at A Fanciful Twist and it would be lovely if you could join me for the celebrations :) I've decided to hold it here at the field.


It doesn't matter how tired or stressed I may be feeling, whenever I step out into this big open sky filled field, I feel refreshed and renewed.

Which is a good thing, as I've been working on these little darlings, despite the sore thumb! They are hanging ornies (ornaments) as opposed to fully detailed dolls. I may call them the Minimas, as they are small and lacking legs!

Alice number one is, to me, an atypical sort of gal, with blonde hair and hair band matching her little blue dress. She's more wistful than whimsical.


Alice number two is altogether darker and a little more scarey, with her wide open eyes and intent expression! She could be an older more worldly Alice, who has gone through the rabbit hole and out the other side, never to be the same again. Kind of like Sarah Connor in Terminator 2 (oh I love that film!).


To prepare for the big day I've been cooking up magic potions and cakes both giant and tiny. My helpers are now back to their normal size, thankfully, and I think all is in order again. The invitations have been sent out and now I'm hoping that all of my guests can make it, so please will you, won't you, will you join me for the party :)

3 comments:

Tammie said...

lovely that you are having a party and I am so happy that you have the field to wander in. We all need a field, forest or trail to wander in. Wishing your thumb complete healing. Your dolls are wonderful to see.

Cally's Cottage said...

Alice number two looks like Kate Bush!Hope the tea party is a huge success.
Warm Wishes,
Cally x

Yarrow said...

Haha, Kate Bush, thanks Cally! That's a lot nicer than my opinion!

The field is a great escape Tammie, and I know you understand that.x