Friday, 25 June 2010

Mad Hatter's Tea Party.

One cool Summer's afternoon, Alice was dreaming alone in the meadow when she was visited by a small black bunny.
"I am the White Rabbit." He announced.
"But you're black." replied Alice.
"How rude," he muttered, "not my fault at all. I've come to tell you of a special Tea Party in Wonderland and you are invited."




With a skip and a hop, he announced that they were late,


late,late....



And so she ran after him,


turning this way and that until finally,


she heard his voice echoing from beneath the tree, "Late, so late."


Down after the rabbit went Alice and came out into a strange place where she was tiny and her hair was now black like the rabbits dark fur.


"What is going on here?" she asked the wise Blue Caterpillar.


"Someone has been baking for a big tea party and magic flour is floating on the breeze, changing everything it touches." he replied.

"Oooh! I'm back to normal." Cried Alice joyfully.
"You're so fearfully big, my dear." He muttered.


Alice carried the Blue Caterpillar through the woods to a clearing, where there was laid out a wonderful feast of Sardines on toast, iced buns and chocolate cakes. There were two tea pots so that no one should go without and the White Rabbit appeared to be his usual colour again, if a good deal smaller!







Suddenly guests appeared as if from nowhere and devoured the feast with much laughter and merriment.


A floaty voice enquired after the sardines,


and they were joined by the Cheshire Cat.


The March Hare had been secretly sipping from a bottle marked 'Drink me'. It had a curious but not unpleasant taste, but sadly, he was now stuck in his cup!


The caterpillar wondered whether or not to tell him the secret of the mushroom, but decided he preferred him this size, he was a lot less trouble!


"Time to go." Announced the Cheshire Cat as first one half and then the other disappeared.


Alice found herself spinning in the woods again,


and then suddenly was totally alone. Had she fallen asleep and had a very curious dream?




Many thanks to my wonderful and magical helpers, and especially to Vanessa for being a delightful and inspiring event organiser.

38 comments:

PG said...

Oh you too! I've just been looking at my friend Natasha's tea party - how wonderful for all the little ones. :)

renilde said...

Delightful post,lovely,have a magical tea party!!!

Tuatha of the Isles said...

Lovely ;)

Designs by Blanche said...

Lovely post!

mentalmulch said...

This is wonderful....it put a smile on my face! :)
Have a super day,
Roxanne

KathrynAntyr said...

Thank you for a delightful time. I bet Alice had a blast. Follow your heart and join me as we go to the Forest of Wishes. I have party gifts waiting for everyone! http://collagediva.typepad.com/collagediva/2010/06/blogparty.html

{{soul hugs}}
Kathryn, Collage Diva

D.Suplicki said...

Beautiful! Thank you (and Alice and her friends!) for a beautiful time.

Once you've recovered from the trip down the rabbit hole perhaps you'd care to share some tea with me?

Maggi said...

~*~*~*Hip hip hurray it's Tea Party Day!*~*~*~

What a beautiful party and such a pretty Alice! The treats were all so delicious!

Thanks for having me at your tea party! if you haven't been already, you're cordially invited to my mad tea party! Have yourself a mad sort of day! :)

Sherry said...

Wonderful tea party! What fun you must have had! So neat.
Sherry

fawndear said...

I've loved visiting with Alice and her hare. Now I'm hankering to go off and do some twirling myself.

Thanks for sharing.
Tootles,
FawnDEar

Deborah said...

Such a sweet little Alice. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your mushrooms!!! Did you make them? Quite delightful.
**blows kisses** Deb

Twyla and Lindsey said...

What a delightful tea party! I loved your Alice and the mushrooms and the tablecloth! Thank you for inviting me. Have a great weekend! Twyla

Rhonda Roo said...

ok firstly: the banner, with the bunny and the tree and the moon. OH. Be Still My Heart. LoVe LoVe LovE that!!

Second and thirdly Alice is gorgeous.
fourthish love the black/white rabbit
5thly or E....photos r fab

in short- you rock. thank you.
XOXOXO Rhonda Roo
http://roostreehouse.typepad.com/

KarenHarveyCox said...

Such a sweet Alice and Hare. I love all of your guests, and Mr. Caterpillar is adorable. Such a delightful party. So nice to meet you.

Happy Mad Tea Party,

Karen

Celia said...

What a beautiful tea party....thank you for inviting me....please come by and have tea with me too...

Bianca said...

What a lovely party! I adored your cupcakes, so yummy looking. Thanks for having me. Hope you'll stop by and see me as well.

Sarah said...

Totally charming Mad Tea Party! Your Alice is precious and so is the fluffy black rabbit. Thank you for sharing this delightful party.
Hope you will have time to stop by for a cup of tea with me. ~ Sarah

Waterrose said...

Such a lovely tea party...thank you for sharing tea with me!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Oh what a DELIGHT! Thank you for inviting me to tea. :) If you have not yet done so, I'd be honored to have you sit a spell with me ~ for tea...http://faeriemooncreations.blogspot.com/2010/06/its-mad-tea-party.html
Sincerely, Theresa (aka The White Queen)

Jennifer MacNeill-Traylor said...

Your Alice is so pretty! What a wonderful tea party, quite magical.

Abi said...

Oh lovely party post! your little bunny IS the cutest ever!!!

dawaioser said...

Awwww...simply adorable! I love the tea party picnic! Thanks for letting me share in your special day! If you haven't already feel free to drop by my gathering. :)
~ Misha/DawaiOser <3

http://dawaioser.livejournal.com/747155.html

dellamarinis said...

Beautiful work! I love the blue caterpillar, the mushrooms and Alice doll and your photos are wonderful. I think we follow some of the same blogs... Best wishes!

YSLGuy said...

Happy Tea Party to you and you and you!

What a great tea party, thanks for having me.

Sylvia Smiser said...

What a wonderful tea party! I love your blue caterpillar and Alice of course! Please stop by for a spot of tea when you get some time.
anaboocreationsbysylvia.blogspot.com
We'd love to see you and Alice there!
Sylvia

~Que Bella~ said...

What a delightfully mad tea party! So many delicious goodies, a blue caterpillar and an adorable Alice! It's always good to go for a spin in the woods! Thanks for having me!

Christina Silverio said...

How wonderful! I so want to cuddle that bunny, and the caterpillar is amazing!
Please visit my own little party, and try your hand at winning my giveaway!
http://hoydendesigns.blogspot.com/2010/06/mad-tea-party-and-giveaway.html
~Christina

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Delightful! You have the absolute cutest helpers... an adorable Alice, a snuggly "White" Rabbit, and a handsome Cheshire Cat! Add that delightful tea table, and it's perfection. Enjoyed this so much. I hope you'll join me for tea and allow me to return your kind invitation...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Yarrow said...

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments and for taking the time to visit me here in Wonderland :)

Gerry Snape said...

Wonderful wonderland that's to be sure. what a very attractive caterpillar and the cheshire cat has not lost his grin, has he?

Evelyn's Wonderland said...

What a sweet little Alice and I love the caterpillar. The bunny was adorable too. I enjoyed your tea party very much.

Thank you for visiting my Hauntingly Mad Tea Party!

Have a lovely day!

Fair Rosamund said...

What a delightful tea party, thank you so much for inviting me!! :) That bunny is too adorable, and the Alice too :) ~Lauren

Cosmic Goddess said...

What a magical tea party! Sorry for not visiting sooner, I’ve been lingering too long at each one :)

Please stop by my blog if you fancy a cuppa and a slice of the Queen of Hearts’ Strawberry Tart…
http://cosmicgoddessblog.blogspot.com/2010/06/were-all-mad-here.html

Karen said...

Oooh thanks for the lovely tea party. Lots of fun. xxx

Christine said...

Your daughter and bunny make a darling Alice and rabbit! Very creative and I love your dolls~perfect music to accompany your post:)

Kim said...

Delightful! What a splendid job.... what a wonderful party, an idyll!

julietk said...

Lovely party post great Caterpillar :-) So many parties I am working my way through the list when I have time to browse :-) You are invited to tea and to join my giveaway,every days is an unbirthday, there is still time :-)

TrüSka said...

What a lovely Tea Party! Great Model! Great photography! I bet you and your helpers had lots of fun! : D Kisses from Portugal : ***