Tuesday, 15 June 2010

Ouch!

I can be such a donut sometimes! I was cutting herbs at the weekend, with a very sharp knife, and sliced through my thumb. It's not been too bad, or so I thought, until I tried holding a pencil today! Well, holding the pencil is one thing, but actually moving it around on the paper is agony!

So instead of doing any art this week, I've been organising my working space, paperwork, cards and all the other bits and pieces that don't involve too much movement of my poorly thumb!

Instead, I'll leave you with this lovely picture from my trip to the New Forest in the school holiday. I loved the way these ponies were standing, as their heads were in almost the same position as my valentine painting.


Hopefully tomorrow I can get back to work, as I have a great long list to deal with! My first major country show is coming up, I have the Annual Arts and Crafts Exhibition to organise and at the moment, I'm not prepared for either, eeek!

2 comments:

Abi said...

Ooh, hope the thumb improves... I hate it when an injury stops me from doing what I want! Good luck with thw A&C exbo....sounds like hard work!

Yarrow said...

Thanks Abi, it is hard work, but lots of people pitch in. Thumb a little better today, thankfully!