Tuesday, 8 June 2010

Yaaay and yaaay!

We had a fantastic day last week in the New Forest. The Moomin just loved it soooo much and was totally happy throwing herself around while I took lots of pony pictures. We met up with fellow blogger and very dear friend Bovey Belle from Codlins and Cream. We did a lot of talking and it was very hard to say goodbye again. Hopefully we'll get together again in the Summer holidays :)



Back home and with enough inspiration to keep me painting and sculpting for the rest of the year, I began painting some little boxes I bought a while ago. Last week we found some four and five leaf clovers at the field and carefully brought them home and pressed them. We were amazed at the little patch we found where there were enough of the magical leaves to feed one to both ponies, to keep them lucky :)


I used my son's insect book for the bee details, as they are hard to snap with my little camera, and yes, I'm back in the kitchen for now as I'm getting the clay out in the Studio and the two mediums don't mix well!


Dandelion pot with little bumble bee.



Inside is a light shade of green, while outside is darker with a dandelion pattern on the sides.


Clover pot with a small blue butterfly and a four leaf clover on the lid.



Inside is a periwinkle blue and there are tiny butterflies around the sides.


Lastly, I'm happy to have another portrait just about finished. The background just needs a little tweaking and I'm done.


In the front is Whisp, a darling goat that I wanted to keep forever, she was sooo sweet. Behind her from left to right is Webley and Whisper. They are rare breed English Goats, which are smaller than the Swiss and Nubian goats, but their milk yield is comparable, so very good little goats to own. Sigh, one day maybe :)

9 comments:

Cally's Cottage said...

They are BEAUTIFUL...You are so talented..
Warm Wishes,
Cally x x x

Yarrow said...

Thank you Cally, for the visit and kind words :)

Abi said...

Ooh, I love the New Forest, and your boxes are lovely!

Yarrow said...

Thank you Abi :)

Abi said...

New babies? I need to have more details!!!
LOL have a good weekend :O)

fractured skeleton said...

oh, the little boxes are so adorable, i love the things that are painted on <3

a mermaids purse said...

beautiful art work!!!! ;0)xx
not sure why its not comming up on my follow page that you have posted- sorry i keep missing you...i so admire your art!! and you have such a lovely soul- love the trinket box's with wild flowers and insects soooo pretty ;0)xx
about the 'life with the lid off' book i sooooo agreee i want that 'escape' in a book in a travellers kind of way...
bless you you sweet hearted soul xxxx

Yarrow said...

Thank you for such lovely comments, dear sweet people :)

Morning's Minion said...

I painted some tiny boxes years ago--mine weren't as clever as yours, but it was a fun, folksy thing to do.