Monday, 5 July 2010

Hourglass.



Another day has slipped away from me, despite my greedy, grasping fingers. I needed more hours today and only managed a scant half an hour to throw some sepia washes onto paper. Today was Sports Day at the Moomin's school. Despite the heat, the children performed like the greatest athletes and were supported with enthusiasm by proud parents and Teachers :)

Above is one of my first ever Dragons. My style has changed a lot over the years, but this one will always be special to me and he sits proudly on my bookcase. Some pieces of work are 'keepers', never intended to be sold as they hold so much of our soul that to part with them would be too painful.

Late Sunday afternoon I managed to escape from the madhouse for an hour or two with the Moomin. We both felt the need to be beneath the trees.

Can you see how small she is against these stately sentries?


We passed through piney woods into birch groves and into a silent oak copse. We found this amazing tree, but then scared each other with tales of Sleepy Hollow! We were utterly alone!


Fairies live in curious, rooty holes.


My inspiration is boundless. My time, sadly, is not! Tomorrow, however is another opportunity to squeeze out a little time and hopefully I'll have something to show for it.

2 comments:

renilde said...

That's a very nice dragon,lovely glazes and I like the shape too ,you should do more of them.I can see a lot of potential in those figurines you make,Renilde

Yarrow said...

That's very kind of you to say, Renilde.