Thursday, 5 August 2010

By Jiminy!

Somehow I've got to get this filthy, scabby pony into some kind of show condition! Is it possible do you think? In typical Merlin style, just a week before the show and he decides to have a major scrap with Toffee. So he's covered in scabs and bite marks, incuding those black bald patches on his face! It's not a camera trick either, he really is yellow at the moment! Tomorrow will be major bath day and then keep my fingers well and truly crossed. As for his behaviour, well that my dears is well and truly in the lap of the Gods, and there's nothing I can do at this late hour!!!

He looks a bit cross, I know, but he was waiting for his supper and wishing I'd stop faffing about!


Early mornings find me in the studio working on a new painting. Here is just a tiny peek at a little detail in the corner.

4 comments:

rossichka said...

Well, the horse themes are totally far away from my way of living, so I cannot comment! I can only wait for and read the news...
I noticed in your notebook the most unusual and adorable sea-horse (do you call it so in English?)!

Yarrow said...

Sometimes, Rossichka, horses are out of my way of living too, haha!
Yes it is called a sea horse, although in Scotland they are called waterhorses as they live in the Lochs and occassionaly the sea.

Abi said...

Good luck with the show!! I love grooming horses, especially really dirty ones :O)

Yarrow said...

He's here any time you want to have a go Abi. Bit of a trek for you though!