Sunday, 29 August 2010

A chewed piece of string.

That's how I'm feeling today. I think the stresses of the last few weeks, with Merlin's show and then the Exhibition have had an impact on my energy levels. I seem to have picked up a virus that's left my muscles weak and at times really quite painful. A couple of days in bed have been necessary.

Yesterday the children helped with everything, from hanging out the washing to tidying the garden and vegetable beds. It was such a lovely afternoon and a few hours in the sun was quite a tonic. Today I feel the pull of the woods and a much needed walk beneath the leafy stillness. I've been away from my own special woods all Summer and it's time I revisited some old friends just to make sure that they are well and leafy :D

2 comments:

rossichka said...

Dear Kimberley, I know how you are feeling, 'cause it happens to me from time to time. I'm in the beginning of such a period. My body needs a rest and even a nap (something new to me!) every day right after I get back home from the puppet theatre. I don't know why but I'm feeling really tired and I even wonder how I'm going to go through the new week when I have to travel and work a lot in connection with a puppet festival, I'll take part in!! Maybe this happens because I have rehearsals, but the summer hasn't finished yet and my soul is still in vacation... I believe nature can help in such moments, so you are happy to live among it! Have a good rest! You have loving children to help!:) I have such a support at home, too!x

Yarrow said...

Remeber to take time for yourself too, Rossichka. (((HUGS))) to you.x