Thursday, 26 August 2010

Exhibition 2010 - update

A huge jumble of display blocks and bits and pieces become,


somehow arrange into a semblance of order.


Both of my children worked so very hard, moving blocks and painting them. I did have help from two very wonderful woodworkers who may prefer to remain annonymous. But thanks guys :)


The next day the art poured in on a colourful steady flowing tide.


It was all set out with yellow labels that enable the cataloging team (Moomin and I, plus others) to pass the details to the printers. It's a hoooooge undertaking and we are totally bushed now. I may add, that the picture hangers had a much larger team and worked long into the evening after the children and I had left. The total number of exhibits was over 500, phew!

I was pleased with how my Mermaid looked in it's oak frame and I just got it finished in time!


I soooo want these mugs


and this teapot, by a very talented lady called Christine Bull
(www.watershed-galleries.co.uk/christine)


Preview night is tomorrow, Friday, and that's the time to enjoy being surrounded by so much beautiful art and talented people.

13 comments:

Gypsy Moon Art Studio said...

Looks great! Isn't it nice to have helpers? I simply adore your mermaid, she is beautiful!!

Yarrow said...

Thank you, that's so kind of you to say, and yes my helpers have been great :D

rossichka said...

Oh, you've done a great job! Good for your children! You feel exhausted now, but delighted with the result, don't you? I'm sure everything will pass fine tomorrow and you'll enjoy the communion with the artists. This is something that provokes and inspires... Your mermaid is lovely! I like the water foam and that this is in fact a seahorse!xx
P.S. Stephanie Dosen posted the lyrics to the song yesterday! Thanks for your help - I'm so happy!:)))))

renilde said...

Good work over there,looks like it's gonna be an interesting show.
I like the movement in your work,the water,the sky,the expression in the eyes, very lively.
Enjoy the exhibition!

Yarrow said...

Thank you Rossichka and I'm so glad Stephanie did that, she's an absolute darling :)

Thank you for your kind words Renilde, I was going for lots of movement :D

Abi said...

Wow, how exciting... hope al goes well. The mermaid is stunning :O)

Cynthia Dyer said...

Nothing is quite as satisfying as the exhaustion from a job well done. The exhibition looks terrific!

Yarrow said...

Thanks Abi :D

Yarrow said...

and thank you Cynthia, for dropping by and leaving a nice comment :D

Feltmaker said...

Good luck with the exhibition - you can see how much work has gone into it and I'm sure it will all pay off :)

Yarrow said...

Thank you for dropping by feltmaker, I do love visitors :D

Tuatha of the Isles said...

totally love your mermaid and her seahorse!!

Yarrow said...

Thanks hun, I'm glad you do :D