Friday, 13 August 2010

Mermaid.

The Mermaid painting is finished and now with it's new owner. It's based on an image that popped into my head whilst giving Reiki to a dear friend. I was working on my friend's Solar Plexus Chakra at the time, which governs our personal power and self definition. I believe this is how my friend sees herself and the glowing orb represents the golden energy of the chakra.
The black sea horses are connected to her love of horses and one very special black horse in particular.


This isn't all of the picture, as my scanner is only small, but it is the main part.

4 comments:

a mermaids purse said...

ohhh wow!!! its beautiful- i love it xxxx
you have a such a magical talent ;0)x
If u ever fancy a swapsie let me know?
x

Yarrow said...

That would be great Kazzy, after the Exhibition though ;)

rossichka said...

A special gift for a special friend! What a nice water! I didn't know you practice Reiki... I'm far away from it.:(

rossichka said...

By the way, I have several paper cut mermaids, one of them in the same position, but stretching the other hand!:))))