Thursday, 2 September 2010

Book release and Making Coraline.

We were thrilled to bits to find Jackie Morris' new book The Ice Bear on sale in our little bookshop. After hunting around for an elusive Birthday present, the book was the perfect gift. I so wanted to keep it for myself, but that's just being selfish (and I'll put it on my Christmas list, haha!). Moomin wanted it too!


After a gruelling shopping trip (who knew school bags could be so hard to choose!) we retreated to our sewing boxes. I've been making this doll for Moomin for so long and everything else has come first but now we've decided to give her the Coraline look I felt inspired to knuckle down. With the movie on in the background, I spent the longest time stitching the hair in place. Some time today will be clothes making :D

4 comments:

Ren said...

Shes wonderful!

a mermaids purse said...

awwwwww how lovely- what a wonderful mummy you are i bet moomin will love it- i love coraline!!...best pressies are those made with own hands and with lots of love ;0)xxxx

Yarrow said...

Thank you dear friends :D She'll look better clothed!!!

Julia Kelly said...

wonderful! I love her face- yes school bags and new first day outfits take time to find- but then the kiddos head off to school and the house is quiet and we might get some work done!!