Thursday, 21 October 2010

On the way to work.

After dropping the children at school, I took a little detour before heading home to the Studio.

Along frost spangled paths


through trees silent and sleeping.


Willow leaves floated down to meet the still, dark lake,


and sun warmed water rises to meet the sky.


A nearby neighbour greets me with a curious stare.


And a doll, half finished takes her ease by the fireplace.


Willow, the goldfish who thinks she's a dolphin, passes judgement (rather rudely, I think!).

7 comments:

D.Suplicki said...

What an enchanting and magical morning. The paths are just gorgeous.

Yarrow said...

It's a very magical place, especially when it's empty :D

rossichka said...

What a nice way to begin the day - full of energy and inspiration.
I like how the doll is "waiting" for you. I always like to stay at the theatre's atelier when puppets are being made - they begin to give signs of life "peu a' peu"!...

a mermaids purse said...

i love your doll...it reminds me of my mum on her Pagan wedding day...Are u selling your dolls???? wowza blown away by her!
You have such a detailed talent and i admire you sooo much x
I wish i could have been on that misty walk...looked beautiful and magical x

a mermaids purse said...

i just noticed your etsy shop- sorry! silly me x going to have a good look through x

Yarrow said...

Thank you Rossichka, I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the life growing in these little people :D

Kazzy, I am hoping to sell the dolls, especially as my skill grows. I'm very flattered that this one reminds you of your Mum :D

Morning's Minion said...

The frosty path looks inviting. We've had a few chilly mornings and one frost. Its odd not knowing what to expect of the weather in this place that is new to us.