Saturday, 23 October 2010

Storm.

We had a terrific storm in the night, all rain and gales. I woke at 3am to hear things crashing around the garden and my mind began panicking but couldn't work out why. As I struggled to reach wakefulness I remembered the new painting in the Studio and how vulnerable it was left on the easel below a very leaky roof!

Sleep finally reclaimed me as the wind continued to bash at the house but my dreams were jumbled and uncomfortable.

With glorious sun pouring through the window, the last thing I did as I got up was check the Studio. I guess dread made me wait until my tea cup was full! The strip of spare roofing was miraculously still in place and everything looked ok. Now I'm waiting to finish my tea to go and check the inside. Fingers crossed!!!

Updated to add: Thank you friends for your comments :D The painting was fine and had even dried a little better than I'd hoped. The sun was glorious for most of the day and then more rain and thunder attacked the poor Studio. It still stands and resists. I love that Studio sooo much :D

4 comments:

rossichka said...

And... what did you find? I do hope everything is O.K. and the new drawing is safe! Hope also the sun will shine all day long!:)

Simone said...

I hope that the painting wasn't affected by the rain! x

Tammie said...

oh my goodness, you leave us hanging....
wishing you the best!

Yarrow said...

Sorry guys!!!