Friday, 22 October 2010

Wrestling!



Today has been a struggle as I must finish a commissioned painting and it's not going at all well. The sketch was perfect, but the paint just doesn't want to lay properly. I'm using a new paper and I don't like it at all. Sadly I may have to scrap this one and go back to my beloved Bockingford paper. The paint just flows effortlessly with the Bockingford, but the new pad shows all the brush strokes and the paint just sits on the surface, doing it's own thing, grrr!

I won't waste the new paper, as it could be used to create some interesting effects and sometimes I like to throw paint down and then see what comes of it. But for a fairly tight portrait, I just can't take the risks! I'll do a little more to this one and see if I can't nail it down, so fingers crossed!!!

4 comments:

Abi said...

Ooh, what a pain... good luck!

Yarrow said...

Thanks Abi, I need luck :D

Simone said...

I hope it all worked out for you. x

Yarrow said...

Still struggling Simone, haha!