Thursday, 20 January 2011

Threads.

Life has been strange for quite some time now and I've been trying to knit the unravelling threads back into some kind of shape. Long walks in the woods and clear skies have gone quite some way towards helping. My muse is almost fully recharged now and is waiting for my soul to catch up.

Such beautiful sunsets lift the spirits to be sure.



A well presented piece of work also helps and I'm very pleased that this picture behaved itself and that the owner of the horses was happy with the end result. I have to say that I'm happy with how it turned out too :D


New paths have been explored and some very beautiful pieces of wood are now drying out to be later turned into art.


Manchee's legs have grown and he's struggling to get in and out of the cat flap, even the Superman pose isn't of any use. He can now walk farther and loves to help me find useful things.



Finally, my latest painting is a difficult one. Largely because the lady commissioning it has given me total free rein as to the content. At first this may seem easy, but then you sit and face the blank page and wonder what on Earth to do. I sat and waited for quite a few weeks for ideas to form. The central figure is of the horse owned by the client, so I spent time thinking about her and her personality. Quite suddenly one day, I saw the horse, galloping with a companion. The rest you will have to wait for! Until the painting is finished and delivered I can say no more.

4 comments:

rossichka said...

Dear Kimberley,
It's so nice to know that you are full of energy, new ideas and desire to work! Nature has helped you like a good and concerned friend. You have a nice companion in your walks for treasures and I'm sure he makes you feel good, too.
As for the picture with the black horses - maybe you remember how I feel for it. It's one of my favourites!! I'm eager to see your new one and I wish you many happy moments in the studio!:)

Yarrow said...

Thank you for the lovely words as always Rossichka.x

rossichka said...

Dear friend, if you have some minutes, please visit my blog - there's an award waiting for you!

Bovey Belle said...

My creative fingers are beginning to twitch and I actually drew something this week. Thank you for the inspiration I have found on your blog.