Wednesday, 23 March 2011

Scruffy canvas.

This is how the scruffy canvas turned out, and this is the rough sketch for todays painting. I'm really enjoying this method, even if I do seem to be almost making it up as I go along!


At halfway stage, I've blocked in the heavy colours.


Just about finished with the details. This took me all day as I just couldn't leave it alone and had tremendous fun again :D


Just a little more fiddling and then the varnish before it can be hung :D

Meanwhile, a nearly black canvas is beckoning and I'm wondering if I can start a new picture tonight!!!

9 comments:

mentalmulch said...

Oh my...wow...takes my breath away! Love it. :)

rossichka said...

Marvellous! The bird is like alive! Your Muse has touched your soul and hands... Go on, hold the inspiration as long as you can!!:))

Kadeeae said...

Oh, I love it! :)

renilde said...

I think you have found your medium, your acryl birds look great!! x

Yarrow said...

Gosh thanks lovely friends :D

Julia Kelly said...

I love this crow- wonderful painting!!

Yarrow said...

Thank you Julia :D

Tuatha of the Isles said...

Love your background x

Yarrow said...

Thanks Maerie :D