Monday, 14 March 2011

The Studio this week.

The temporary studio is beginning to take shape and who knows, maybe I'll even stay a while if it works out.

Believe it or not, this book case is looking pretty tidy and organised!


This new bookcase was a cheapie from Ikea and I love it. It's perfect for my doll making supplies, baskets of fabrics, organza and jars of pretty beads.


My beautiful print of The Phoenix by Linda Ravenscroft. I bought it at the Faery Fair after Linda told me the story behind it. Every day I look at it and remember the words she spoke and I feel stronger, more determined to do well. Thank you Linda :D


Now, can you guess what this is? It's not a headless teddy bear.....


Any ideas now it's beside it's partner?????


Finally I've finished the Woodelf and I have to admit that I'm very pleased with her. She has a moon charm in her braided hair, a sun charm holding her shrug together and beads and crystals on her boots.


She's my first fabric doll and I've learned such a lot from her and especially how to improve the next one.


The next one is currently under way and I'll post some pictures very soon.

4 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

Love the fairy doll!!

Yarrow said...

Thanks Julia :D

rossichka said...

What a lovely bookcase, full of treasures...:) I like the print and Linda Ravenscroft's website - what an amazing artist!
Your first doll looks pretty and a liiitle bit shy, but as I can see, she's feeling better outside. I suppose she'll be always special for you... Congratulations and many happy moments with the next ones, Kimberley!x

Tammie Lee said...

your wood elf is cute as can be.

I love having peaks into work areas... so fun.

so lovely that Linda R. inspired you in so many ways!