Saturday, 30 April 2011

In Love :D

Well I couldn't let an opportunity pass to indulge in a deliciously romantic moment. My political oppinions I tend to keep firmly to myself and I wasn't sure if I would watch the Wedding at all. But I was suddenly struck by a deep patriotic spasm and rushed to the television with a pot of tea and yells to the younglings to attend! The Moomin obliged, but son grumbled something ogreish and stayed in his pit.

Well, what can I say. I was moved and loved every bit of it all, the beautiful and the hideous frocks and hats (you know who I mean!) and the stunningly gorgeous Kate. She had such dignity and grace and Wills looked so handsome. Oh dear, I'm having a major slushy moment :D
The eternal optimist in me wishes them great joy and long lasting happiness :D

Don't you just adore that little bridesmaids face, what a poppet :D

Of course, I have a little love story all of my own although a tad less exciting! A short while ago Moomin and I discovered some very magical and strange woods. I returned a couple of days ago with the dog and had quite an adventure.

Manchee loves to stick his nose into everything and was so absorbed that thankfully he missed our visitor. Standing still to take the photos I could hear something moving through the leaves. Sometimes squirrels and small birds can make enough noise to fool you that there's a huge beast bearing down on you, but this was quite a gentle rustle and the deer that stepped into the clearing moved with stealth. She gave me a long look and continued on her way, leaving me breathless with wonder. I was worried that Manchee might give chase, but he stayed beside me, thankfully.

Unlike most woodlands I've been to, these have vast unmanaged areas where trees fall and are left, wildlife walk bodly through and you can easily become very lost indeed. Which is what happened to us. I did feel a brief moment of fear, but that dog is an amazing path finder and I was shocked when at length we found our original trail.


These logs were enormous and brought to mind Bilbo's adventures with the Trolls!


The woodland changed from deciduous to Scots Pine and it was here that we got lost. The pines were silent and spooky and I was glad to return to the noisy crow filled oaks and beech.


As we approached this rise from under the beeches, I realised I was being watched. A little red face was peeping from between the ferns and a small female fox looked boldly at me as I looked at her. I was sure she was heavy with young as she walked a little way into the undergrowth and turned to watch me again. Manchee was off on a squirrel hunt so missed our visitor and again I was grateful for that.

He did pick up her scent after she'd gone, but willingly came back when I called him. He's such a good dog.

I stood beneath this beautiful oak and listened to the crows having a very loud party above, the ivy so thick that we couldn't see each other and they carried on totally unaware of my precence.


I truly felt that I'd stepped into another world and came home so full of ideas and pictures that I can't wait to get painting again. For years I've been writing a series of novels, but after my beautiful horse Oliver died, the writing dried up. For the first time, under these magical trees, I feel like writing again :D

5 comments:

Tammie said...

it sounds as though you had a wonderful time out and about, so glad you are inspired to write.

love that top photo, mostly because of the little girls, one watching the kiss and the other... well that is an amazing expression!

Abi said...

Sweet wedding :O) I had no idea how much coverage there would be about it over here!!

Beautiful woods :O)

Yarrow said...

It was a lovely wedding and I'm glad I watched it in the end :D

rossichka said...

You are so lucky to live among nature that inspires you in creating your art!... It's nice to have a companion like Manchee in the long magical walks - a brave saviour from the fear when you get lost!...
I watched the wedding of Kate and William on TV and saw the most important moments. I think they are a lovely couple, very much in love and deserve a happy life together!

Yarrow said...

So true on all counts my dear Rossichka.x