Monday, 30 May 2011

Walking.

Inspiration comes from all around me and I'm so lucky to live in this beautiful land. Walking the dog gives me the opportunity to find things I may normally overlook. This is one of our favourite walks, although it's pretty arduous in places. We start off along one of the deer paths, through a tangled mass of buddleias now sprinkled with early dog roses.



An hour's walk through deep woodland brings us to spectacular views.



The peace of the sun kissed day invited me to rest on a grassy bed. The dog was too restless for that, maybe next time.



Cool inviting shade,


and gnarly tree roots will definitely feature in future paintings.


Back home for a cuddle with two of my fur babies :D

7 comments:

rossichka said...

Yes, you ARE lucky, Kimberley, living in a beautiful place like this! During summer holidays we go to the mountains in search of such places, that bring us peace and fulfil our souls with beauty and harmony! Last wekend we made a little "escape", spending some hours among nature near the city. I'll post photos soon...
A lovely photo with your pets!:)

Captain Shagrat said...

What a nice end to the day group hug with the fur babies. Hey you got the same kitchen cupboardy's as me

Dartford Warbler said...

You do live in a beautiful place!
The wild flowers up in your chalk downland are just incredible. I`ll never forget that lovely walk up in the Hangers near Steep.

Nan and =^..^= said...

What a beautiful walk and I love the photo of your 2 fur babies with you, such love and devotion!
You sure do live in an inspiring place!

Yarrow said...

Thank you friends for your lovely comments :D

Bovey Belle said...

How lovely - I need a walk in wild places with all this house-selling hoo-hah! Your fur-babies love you LOTS, I can tell.

Yarrow said...

Thanks BB, it's mutual and anytime you want to walk with me, come and visit :D