Wednesday, 29 June 2011

Not quite a Vardo!

As I said before, Oakmoon would be hitting the road sometime this year! It's become quite an obsession of mine since deciding I had to have a Vardo last year. Sadly, practicality has insisted that a Vardo isn't an option (for now!) So I began looking at motorised alternatives. Quite a few vans have been scrutinised and discarded for many reasons. Too expensive, too much work, too far to travel! Suddenly, this little dear popped onto my screen. A scant few miles from my house, a very reasonable price and not too much structural work needed. Saying that, however, she's not exactly beautiful, but to my eyes she's everything :D (If a little over large in our driveway!!!)

In time, I hope to make her beautiful inside and out, but for now, we all keep looking out the window at her and marvelling :D



Last weekend saw the Oakmoon gazeebo arrive at another Green Fair. It was very different to the last one and I at least broke even. Strangely I sold more of my tie dye baby clothes than anything else! My friend J (pictured below) did very well with her delightful owls and heart mobiles, so in all I'd consider it a success. The tie dye garments will soon be appearing in my Etsy shop under the title of 'Every Day Fae'. The name came from the idea that we could all do with a little magic in our lives and dressing to please ourselves and others is a good way to do this.


Every Day Fae Baby Grows :D








And little skirts for girls or women.


and little fae pets, worn out by my hectic weekend. Well, they do supply the inspiration :D


Edited to add:

My dear (big, old) van is now relishing a lack of filth and would surely have cost so much more if her owner had spent a whole day simply scrubbing. Tomorrow I'll treat her to a half tank of petrol and go for a little drive :D The fabric has been purchased and will be installed soon. The curtains have been boiled and some have even fallen prey to the tie dye vat :D She will at least be interesting to look at :D

10 comments:

rossichka said...

Well, you live quite intensily, Kimberley! In real life and in your dreams! I see you are gathering to fulfil that one for living on wheels... I admire your courage and determination!
Your van looks nicely and I'm sure you'll give it a new life!
It must have been a great experience that Fair. You should be delighted having sold a lot of your pretty dresses!
I'm expecting with interest your next post - you always surprise me with something new!:)x

Yarrow said...

To be honest Rossichka, I often surprise myself! Thank you for your friendship.x

Dartford Warbler said...

How exciting! I`m sure you will enjoy the freedom of your camper van and it will be so useful for getting things to fairs.

You have some lovely things for sale. It`s good to hear that the fair went well last weekend.

Bovey Belle said...

LOVE the camper van! As you know, it's on my shopping list for when we finally downsize. I'm glad the Green Fair was a better outlet for you. You have some lovely things for sale between you and your friend.

Bee happy said...

Wow, love the v, can't wait to see what you do with it! the clothes are so great, love the colours :)

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

Kadeeae said...

Ahhh...I too think it is just the most lovely thing! Now if only it were sitting in MY driveway!

You'll have so much fun setting it up the way that you want, enjoy! :)

Yarrow said...

Oh thank you lovely people, your comments are such a delight, especially after so draining a day :D

Abi said...

LOL - cool van, and cooler fur babies :O)

Yarrow said...

Thanks Abi :D

laoi gaul~williams said...

yayyy a camper!is it mwb or lwb? Pretty Pagan is a monster lwb :)
there is nothing as fun as getting one and making it your own, doing all the bits and pieces to make it home. have you named him/her yet?!