Saturday, 11 June 2011

This week.

Work this week has been hampered by life 'happening'. The Moomin had her cast removed, so that was almost an entire day at the Hospital, the washing basket seemed to have had a spell of perpetual fullness cast on it and our giant fridge freezer blew out all our electrics. Gradually items have been ticked off and a form of normality has resumed, although we're still wading through a tonne of food that defrosted and had to be cooked up!

A glorious day invited me to walk along my favourite paths through woodland and over the downs. This is the same spot from the last post, but look at that sky :D It was filled with the screeing of buzzards, and wind tumbled clouds.


Cows had moved into the field beside our path and came extremely close to us, they were a little menacing and I only took this one picture before beating a retreat. A farmer in my village was killed last year by one of his bulls, so I was pretty wary of this bunch of lads.


Back home and the dog indulged in his favourite pastime :D


While Piper helped me with my work. I just adore her soft grey face, she's so expressive :D


And my latest piece. I'm taking a while to work on the background as I haven't totally decided how I want it.

9 comments:

renilde said...

Lovey surroundings over there, wide and green.
Piper is a beauty indeed.
Have fun painting, it looks very good already, as i said before your love for animals is visible in your paintings, x

Yarrow said...

Thank you Renilde, your words are lovely :D

Dartford Warbler said...

What beautiful clouds you had, up in the Downs.

Good to hear that the plaster cast is off. I hope M is feeling much better now.x

rossichka said...

I wish you many more glorious days all summer long! It seems that you have found your perfect place for living and working... Your lovely pets help a lot for the harmony in your home, don't they?
You are a master in horse painting, Kimberley! I'm every time in awe, looking at your canvasses!:)x

Tammie said...

lovely to have a beautiful peak into your world. Your painting is wonderful.

Yarrow said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, they bring sunshine to a cloudy day :D

Bovey Belle said...

Sounds like you have had a busy time of things. At least Moomin's cast is off. I love the new painting, and the clouds in your photo - wonderful.

Yarrow said...

Thank you BB, nearly back to normal in the household now!

Morning's Minion said...

My livlihood has never depended on my creativity, but I get so very frustrated when all my energy has to go to the housekeeping.
The inspiration for writing or quilt-making spins around in my head and the days go to weeding the garden or putting up the bounty of food produced there-in. Not bad stuff at all, just sometimes I'd like to indulge my whims.
A freezer going off is a particularly demanding domestic crisis!