Wednesday, 6 July 2011

The Lake.

I took the dog to the Lake for inspiration.

Cerulean skies and cobalt waters.


At the back of the Lake is the Heath. The energy here is so strong, there's even an ancient burial mound in the middle of a busy town!


Stately houses, the prices of which would have your head spinning, well, mine anyway!


And cool wooded walks along the shore.


So much inspiration here, but I'm not sure yet how I'll use it.


The Heath has been home to the Taro Fair for the last 700 hundred years. In the mornings the Gypsies ran their horses for auction and local artist Flora Twort painted the fair and it's colourful attendants. In view of some rather fun news about my ancestors, I feel the need to explore some Gypsy paintings :D

4 comments:

Dartford Warbler said...

It is years since I walked around that beautiful lake. I remember a picnic with my parents ( now long gone) and a peaceful walk around the shore. Thank you for bringing back a good memory.

Yarrow said...

I'm glad it brought back lovely memories DW :D We'll have to walk it together next time you're in the area :D

Jeanne Klaver said...

Looks like a fun place to be! Thanks for sharing.

Yarrow said...

Thank you for visiting Jeanne :D