Friday, 29 July 2011

Nearly August :D

While I can't believe how quickly the months of this year have galloped by, I have to admit that I'm delighted to find myself at August's door :D
It's been a difficult year with many obstacles to overcome and a new way of life to adapt to but I think we're winning. The thought of our holidays, now upon us, fills me with such happiness as the children sit down with me and the map and plan our routes. One journey will take us to Devon and Cornwall, where we can hopefully visit a few friends and if that works out ok, then the other will be up country to Wales. We need to test the van first, so a little trip along the coast to Weymouth will be the first adventure. Today will be spent fitting the benches and the discovery that the local DIY shop cuts the wood to size should ensure a far better outcome than if I tried to cut it myself, haha!

I've begun harvesting the beetroots and a delight they are too. I'm the only household member that likes them, so I've not grown many, but they are heavenly roasted.


The kitties are growing in size and nature and have become so adventurous that I'm going to have them microchipped before we go away as they are prone to sneak off outside! The garden has been until now escape proof, but Cotton got into a neighbours garden last night and gave us all heart failure, so security needs to be tightened!


My druid portrait is now finished and I'm pleased to say that it has been well recieved. It's always a bit nerve wracking painting portraits, but I'm very pleased with this one :D


Right, time to hit the shops and buy more goodies for the van. There may be pictures later, depending on success :D

7 comments:

renilde said...

That beetroot is beautiful, looks like a gem, that colours!
Fine portrait too, nice expression on her face, well done.
August will be an adventurous month, i wish you lots of sunshine and sparkling people on your trips, enjoy!

Dartford Warbler said...

Have a wonderful August with your two young ones!

I like the portrait. Your art is "Only Getting Better", just like the lovely song I`m listening to on your blog.

Give my love to the West Country and I hope the van goes well for you.

Yarrow said...

Thank you Renilde, the beetroot is gem like and so uplifting to look at and then eat, hehe!

Thank you DW, I may even visit your area for a night or two :D

Julia Kelly said...

Your beet is so pretty- wish I could find a fabric that looked like that- have a wonderful "vacation-road trip" with you kiddos-

Kadeeae said...

Another beetroot comment . . . gorgeous, I think it looks tie dyed :)

Have fun setting up the van, I look forward to those pics!

Yarrow said...

Thank you friends, I thought the beetroot made a lovely picture too :D

Jeanne Klaver said...

WOW! That beetroot is a work of art...and yours is just as lovely! I love the way your animal friends gather together.