Thursday, 7 July 2011

Two in one!

These should be two separate blog posts, but I can't wait to share either, so here they are, two in one :D

Firstly, and for this delight I must thank my dear Ren at Fairysteps, the latest edition of Mollie Makes. A relatively new crafting and thrifting, vintage magazine. It's full of wonderful articles and ideas for things to make, especially a few beautiful tips for my most favourite craft, crochet :D


There are even free gifts to make :D


CUPCAKES! We all need a little frilly cupcake in our lives :D


And of course, to my delight, a most delicious caravan. Maybe I could decorate my dear old heap in this gorgeous style, you'd see me for miles off, that's for sure!


And now to the second part of this post, the finished pieces. Finally, my painting of Epona is complete. I've tidied the sky and given Epona's hands a makeover. You may or may not notice the difference, but I'm happier now and so the print will soon be available in the Etsy store.


And I've been playing with oil's. I started this picture about 3 years ago and got the idea from a library book tutorial. I wasn't very confident and so the painting sat moulding in the Studio until today. I repainted much of it and painted over the grimy bits, reshaping and playing with the light. I have to say that I love it. I love the colours and the rich, creamy texture of the oil.

It's not perfect and the bowl is a little off-center, but it doesn't matter because I've discovered a new love and that's for oil painting :D Moomin has claimed this for her room and when it's dry, that's where it will hang :D

6 comments:

rossichka said...

What a sunny stll life with a blue accent! It's nice to discover a new passion - life becomes different and more exciting!
I hope one day you'll show us how this magazine has inspired you. I wish you many lovely moments with it!
I like the black horse and the sky most!:) I'm so glad for you, Kimberley! You are having quite an interesting and intense summer!:-) xx

Yarrow said...

Thank you my dear friend and yes, intense is one word I'd use :D

Bovey Belle said...

You have been very busy and creative - I love the finished Epona and your work in oils is wonderful.

I've never seen the Mollie Makes magazine (this IS Wales after all), so I will try and get hold of a copy and send it on to Tam.

Abi said...

Ooh, looks like a great mag! and the Epona painting - breathtakingly stunning.

Thanks for visiting :O) Texas had blood tests, and his Thyroid was normal..... mystery.

Hope you have a great weekend.

Jeanne Klaver said...

The magazine is so enticing! The composition in your oil painting works for me! I'm glad you've discovered a new love.

Yarrow said...

Asda stock it BB, and it's in stock now!
Abi, thank you and hugs to Texas.x
Jeanne, thanks for visiting again :D