Friday, 2 September 2011

Autumn.

As the wheel turns slowly away from Summer, I find myself standing at the doorway to Autumn's lavish banquet. All are welcome, just bring bags, buckets and ice cream tubs! I've been picking, getting scratched and stung, with berry red fingers and nettle red legs!

Our tree has been so drenched with apples that the branches rest their heavy heads on the grass.


While just a simple morning's work fills the boot of the car with sloes, blackberries and elderberries.


I've been absent from the Studio for a few days, but first managed to start a painting of some fairy shoes. Fairies need new styles for the Autumn too and this is an idea I can just run and run with if you pardon the pun, haha!

The colours are berry inspired and there will soon be a falling leaves range. I so adore Autumn :D

8 comments:

rossichka said...

Hmmm, so Autumn is in the air?... Not here, where the sun is so hot until sunset and a lot of people are still at the seaside. But I felt the taste and fragrance of Autumn in your post and this made me dream of her coming. You are gathering these delicious fruits like a squirrel!:0) Are you going to make jam, syrup or will just eat them?
I love the shoes! They fairies will be grateful to you and hopefully will show you in return some beautiful secrets from their life... :)
Have a wonderful weekend, Kimberley!

Yarrow said...

I'm sad that Summer has slipped away so quickly Rossichka, but I love Autumn so not too sad.x

rossichka said...

Forgot to say how tasty your apples seem to be!:-) I like Autumn, too - Summer is definitely not my season...

Kadeeae said...

How gorgeous are those dainty little shoes?! Such lovely colours too.

Yarrow said...

Thank you Kadeeae :D

Tammie said...

so lovely to have you stop by my blog! Your loot looks amazing! If you would like an amazing elderberry elixer let me know, I can email it to you.

and

i love your fairy shoes!

Yarrow said...

Hi Tammie thanks for visiting here :D

Bovey Belle said...

That's a good haul Yarrow - says everything that's good to me about Autumn. I like to squirrel Autumn's bounty away too. E-mail due to arrive with you later today . . .