Saturday, 15 October 2011

Filled to the brim.

This week couldn't have been more full if I'd filled in the gaps with grains of sand! Trying to solve Storm's problems left me tired and frustrated and then suddenly the decision was taken from me when I asked his current owner for help. I don't know what his future will be, but I know it's not going to be with me. I cannot express my sadness, but that's all I can really say about the matter.

(If you look closely at his back leg closet to me, you can see the swelling, which is a suspected Bog Spavin)

I was also very unwell this week with a tummy bug that just would not quit and go away.
The darling Moomin cooked supper for herself and her brother, when I was at my worst and could not face the kitchen. It was pasta pomodoro and was a huge success :D


I also started my volunteering this week, despite still being a bit wobbly. What a wonderful place to be working. I had to weed and tidy the Wode and herb beds beside one of the round houses. I came home with a head full of ideas and an arm full of woad seeds. Once they're sorted I'll be offering them to people who'd like them for dyeing wool and I'll grow some for my own projects next year.


This lovely cupboard finally got put to good use when I realised that my wool stash was escaping from various containers. It was just too tempting for the kittens and dog and I needed a safer place to store it. I bought the cupboard in the summer and always meant to strip off the old varnish, but that will have to wait! Since I have more room now, I had to pay a visit to my lovely wool shop and the shelves are now crammed with gorgeousness!


The Autumn coloured blanket for my bed is growing nicely, but after a visit to a wonderful blog I've just found, Attic 24, I decided to take a break from browns and reds and go for something a little brighter!


This is just a small corner of it, as it's going to be a mystery item!!! I love the colour combinations :D


Moomin was so inspired by my crochet, that she's begun work on a project of her own. It's already twice the size of this picture and her choice of colours are vibrant and so reflective of her personality. She's never picked up a hook before and I couldn't be more proud of her work :D

The paintings have taken a back seat this week, but ideas are slowly returning and hopefully I'll be back in full swing next week.

Take care all, and thank you for all your lovely and encouraging comments.x

3 comments:

renilde said...

You did what was in your power, one cannot do more.
i hope you are feeling ok now, you got a wonderful daughter, that meal looks yummie.
enjoy the crocheting, looks good already, xx

Dragonfly Dreams said...

Isn't it invigorating when your creative side returns after hibernating so long?!?! I do hope you are feeling better and kudos to your wonderful daughter!

Bovey Belle said...

At least you tried to give Storm a future with you, but it was not to be.

Love the colourful crochet, and well done Moomin too! Crochet AND an edible meal : )