Monday, 21 November 2011

Christmas Fairs

This was a busy weekend for us as Friday night was the opening of the large Christmas Fair at Standstead House in Westbourne. It's easily our favourite fair to attend as it's such a gorgeous house and you get to explore rooms that aren't always open to the general public.

Were we excited? Ooooh yes :D


Look how beautiful the house is (sorry for the cars in front, but this was the best picture I could get!).


The horses had bells on their harness and took visitors for moonlit walks around the grounds. Sadly we didn't have the time for this, but there's always next year.


I had a Fair of my own to attend this weekend and made a 'Tim Burton-esque' tree to display some of my painted wooden discs. Here it is half made and on the cooker hob (away from kitties and dog!).


My white hare discs turned out very well and looked so sweet hanging on the tree. Look out for these in the Etsy shop soon.


The stalls were tightly packed into the market and this was the best picture I could get of mine, but you get the idea.


Finally, last week I got around to crocheting together some of the squares from a very old friendship blanket I made with a group of lovely ladies on-line. It's so warm and snuggly and the animals love it as much as we do! The colours are a little washed out in this picture!



It's prompted me to get on with another lap blanket and I'll be using the pattern for the Ripple Blanket on Attic 24. I made a donation in return for this pattern and for her cute little crochet hearts as I feel it's only fair.

Well, back to work for me, but first a cup of tea and some hooky fun :D

3 comments:

Callies Cottage said...

That moongazing hare disc is BEAUTIFUL!
Warm Wishes,
Callie

Tammie said...

that all looks so enchanting. i am glad you had a nice time. your hare is wonderful!

Yarrow said...

Thank you dear friends :D