Wednesday, 23 November 2011

Crochet - Ripple Blanket.

Let me tell you, this is not an easy pattern to start off with and my first attempt was not good! It's a bit of a funny shape and I tracked the problem down to my first row, so the whole lot had to be unpicked. The good thing with crochet is that there's only one loop to keep track of, so unpicking isn't too hard, you just pull :D


My second attempt was much better and I've settled into a lovely ripply rythm with it now. The colours so far are baby pink and magenta and once again, my camera has washed out the vibrancy, but you get the idea.


My papier mache tree is now sitting in the lounge, addorned with my little crochet hearts.


I altered the pattern of the crochet hearts to make them bigger and strung them together below the mantlepiece. I'm so happy with how they look and it's brightened the lounge no end. The ripple blanket will have the same colours as the hearts to bring it all together :D


It's good to take time away from the Studio and put some crafting love into my home. <3

5 comments:

Captain Shagrat said...

Keep saying I WILL to learn to knit and crochet but I keep putting it off because I hate disappointment. My mum tried and failed to learn me how to knit when I was young. I put it down to being left handed;-)Nice work btw

Tammie Lee said...

lovely to see what you have been making. fun to do different crafts.

Yarrow said...

I adore wool crafts and crochet has become a huge passion :D

Simone said...

Thanks for visiting my blog Yarrow. You have made quite a few changes to your blog since my last visit! I love the heart garland. I haven't done any crochet in ages. I may have to rectify that! x

Yarrow said...

Yaay for more crochet, Simone :D