Saturday, 28 January 2012

Scribbles.

I'm feeling more drawn to fairies again at the moment and after seeing an impish child at the school run, I had to scribble her features into my sketchbook. I liked the effect so much that I turned it into a picture, which is why her head is going off the top of the page! I want to do more like this :D


Something that's dear to my heart is our beautiful planet and what we're doing to her. Starting with bees and ending with the view from my bedroom window (minus the road and other houses!!!)

The words read, Think. From the smallest flea, to the lofty tree, and in between the buzzy bee!
Take what message you want to from this!!!

Lastly a very rough sketch of the Moomin and Manchee, relaxing on the sofa and watching tv :D


I'm enjoying my pencils very much and feel like it's taking me along the road that I really should be travelling. I hope some paintings will come from it all.

7 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

you make great fairies!!

Callies Cottage said...

I am sure that some beautiful paintings will come but I love your sketches too..
Keep meaning to say when I visit how much I enjoy your music on the blog..
Warm Wishes,
Callie

Yarrow said...

Thank you Callie and Julia.x

Tammie said...

I loved seeing each of your sketches, they are lovely and full of feeling.

Yarrow said...

Thank you Tammie, they are such fun :D

Dragonfly Dreams said...

What beautiful sketches! I especially like the one with Moomin and Manchee! Enchanting!

Julia Guthrie said...

They are lovely drawings! Sometimes a sketch can have more life than a painting I think, but I bet you could turn the fairies into something special! :) x