Monday, 9 January 2012

Whoosh!

I can't believe we're already into week two of the New Year and I've not yet updated the Etsy shop. Slap my wrists.

My oomph has totally left me and now my poor dear son has come down with this dreadful virus. It's hit us all in different ways and after a few days of feeling rough and laying on the sofa, my poor boy developed Scarlatina, which can be quite nasty if not treated quickly enough! A visit to casualty and a good dose of antibiotics was how we spent our Sunday!

I have managed to take the dog to the park and he's met some wonderful new and old friends. I just hope the photos turned out well.

A day of catch up today and hopefully back to the Studio for me tomorrow. I'm missing my drawing/painting and I have a new doll waiting to be finished. I hope she turns out well as I'm cutting out individual, tiny scales and it's taking forever. Can you guess what she is???

5 comments:

rossichka said...

Dear Kimberely, I am sorry to hear that you son is ill and what a tense Sunday you had! But... this is life... I wish him a quick recovery and for you - some quiet hours in your Studio as soon as possible! I can't imagine the doll, but I am sure she will be a beauty!:)
Wishing you all the best, a strong beginning of the year and a lot of joy with your family!xx

Dragonfly Dreams said...

Sounds like it is definitely time for you to immerse yourself into the world of creating and making beautiful things with your hands and your heart! I can't wait to see pictures of your soon-to-be-finished doll.

Callies Cottage said...

Get well soon to your boy...and happy creating when you get back to the studio..
Love the music on your blog..
Warm Wishes,
Callie

Dartford Warbler said...

Hello Yarrow. Hoping that you and your son soon feel much better as you shake off the winter bugs.

Have a happy and creative 2012! DWx

laoi gaul~williams said...

oh i hope your son is much better~i went down with this awful lurgy last thursday and been in bed since then, it hits really hard.


...how funny my word veri is...clamette...brought a smile to my face!