Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Stuck!!!

Well, a bit of a stuck day, although my rambling thoughts have come up with a title for my Unicorn painting, so here it is, in a low quality picture (so it's not worth pinching, haha!)

'Singing to the Muse'

I love painting fairies and magical creatures and this is where my muse takes me, so for a while I'll be exploring this style, but the portraits will still pop up from time to time :D

And now on to my next painting. I'm stuck with the background and composition, so today will be spent sketching and playing with notebooks.

This painting is based on a photo of me giving Reiki to my wonderful horse Oliver. Sadly, he left me 5 years ago, and thinking of him still brings tears to my eyes. It's been in my sketchbook for the last 5 years and now I think I'm ready to work on it.

6 comments:

laoi gaul~williams said...

thats funny because i had a very unproductive day yesterday with my felting...one great little piece then one rubbish. i started another but the light grew too poor so i have yet to see if that too ended up as awful!

i hope your new painting goes well...we lost cody two years ago and i am the same...we never forget them xoxoxo

rossichka said...

Oh, the precious old sketchbook that kept devotedly your inspirations and feelings... I'm sorry about your horse, we lost our dog some years ago and we still miss him and will forever love him!
I'm not familiar with the fairy theme, that's why it is so interesting for me !:) Such a nice, warm composition... Hugs!

Yarrow said...

Thank you dear friends, our animals always hold a special place in our hearts and so many people understand that feeling.x

Callies Cottage said...

I think sometimes our animals leave the biggest imprints on our hearts...Some relationships are just magical!
The sketch looks beautiful..
Warm Wishes,
Callie

Yarrow said...

Thank you Callie :D

Dragonfly Dreams said...

Sounds like a very special healing will grow into a very beautiful piece of art!