Wednesday, 28 March 2012

Weird weather.


Goodness me, but hasn't it been hot lately? The poor animals just don't know what to do with themselves.

Last weekend we went to the beach and Manchee had an incredible time and in fact, so did we, running along the sand and getting thoroughly soaked in the freezing water.


I've been doing a little work for a large estate that has a model farm and is where Merlin's baby is living. The ponies there haven't yet shed their winter coats and the sheep are sweltering in their thick wool, their little lambkins are struggling too in the intense heat!

One tiny lamb was in such a deep sleep that I thought he must be dying, so still was he and not long been born. Poor little thing was roughly woken by me and then his newborn brain thought I must be mama, and he followed me around, ignoring his very cross and disgruntled real mother! Finally I reunited them, but he was still gazing at me as I left the paddock, sigh!

This was one of the first set of twins born, not my baby, but mine was very similar :D


Merlin's baby found it all too much and needed a good long lay down. He barely moved when I crept in next to him and put my arms around his beautiful head and cuddled him tight to me. Love him to bits and I'm so lucky to be spending time with him at such a young age <3


I've been working in the studio too and have started a painting based around the legend of the Morrigan. She is considered a battle Goddess and can appear as a crow. The circle behind her will be a shield to represent the battle and the crow is her familiar. Moomin posed for this picture a long time ago, but only now have I decided how to use it.


I'm using oils for this one and I love the glowing, creamy textures. There's so much to do before it's finished though!

3 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

so wonderful to have a glimpse into your world. the two babies are adorable! and your painting looks fab, hoping you will share it when with us when it is complete!

Elizabeth Rhiannon said...

Funny, we're having weird weather, too! We've had the most mild, spring-like winter and now, a very cold, snowy spring! I love your picture of Manchee and your art is wonderful!
Stay well :)

Yarrow said...

It's a mixed up World, Tammie, haha!
Hi Elizabeth, thanks for dropping by. This weather is strange for us all!!!