Friday, 24 August 2012

Looking for a title!



Finally this painting is pretty much done, and it's been a tough old journey. I'm not sure why it gave me such a headache, but I think maybe because I didn't focus enough on the layout details I lost my way at the mid point! I suddenly decided to put in a cat to fill the center ground and it all came together. Now a title eludes me, but I have other paintings on the easel and a sculpture to get started, so no time to hang around and ponder :D

The kittens are growing and have been renamed 'Manchee's Minions' as they adore him :D Somewhere under his chin is Fae, who I used for my inspiration in the painting! She seems to have lost her head!!!

3 comments:

rossichka said...

"Saudade" - this can be the title... I brought this beautiful word with me from Portugal. If you've missed the post about it, here it is - http://rossichka.blogspot.com/2012/07/2-fairy-tale-journey-2.html
Manchee and the kittens - such a sweet company! You are happy to have them around you in the house!:))

Tammie Lee said...

your painting is wonderful to see, how fun. I often have trouble with paintings too and i rarely plan out all the details in any piece i do. I guess that is part of the therapy for me, letting a piece show me where it wants to go....

Yarrow said...

Tammie, that's how I normally approach a painting, but lately I've wanted a little more control as they can run away from me, haha!

I'll look at that Rossichka, thank you.x