Tuesday, 29 January 2013

I know now why we blog!

 Picture reproduced without permission (but I'm sure Gretel won't mind!)


For so many years now I've been an ardent blogger, I've defended my decision to share my life with complete and total strangers to people who closely share my real world.  I've tried so many times to explain my reasons for putting my life in words and pictures out to the great expanse of the internet.  Sometimes I've had my trust shaken, but for the most part, I've received support and even affection from this great and wonderful community that makes up Blogland.

Even as I write this, I find the words are a struggle and my eyes are blurred with emotion.  One of my dearest internet friends has suffered a terrible loss that I'm unable to express.  Please join me in support of a dear and wonderful person, Gretel Parker, who needs our love and help at this terrible time.

Over 6 years ago I began my first blog.  Gretel was hugely supportive to me and gave me so much advice about my art and the dedication needed to succeed.  She wrote to me and helped me in so many ways, sometimes just by being her own wonderful self.  I've read similar stories from other bloggers who have been touched by Gretel's kindness.  Please, lets all join together and share the message in the above link.  Please, lets show Gretel how much she is truly loved at this difficult time in her life and show the world what a wonderful caring community Blogland is.  The bonds and friendships we make here are just as real and important as the ones we make with people close to us  in our everyday lives.


(I'm sorry this is on both of my blogs, but I feel it's so important that it's worth repeating!)

5 comments:

rossichka said...

How touching! I'm reading your words and tears come to my eyes...Because of Gretel's pain that's our pain now and because I can feel the big unity of Blogland people - so different by origin and yet so equal by heart...
Gretel is such a special person to each and everyone of us!

Bovey Belle said...

Thinking of Gretel and hoping that she will take some solace from the kind hearts of her friends, both on-line and off.

BumbleVee said...

I've joined you in blogging about this.... hopefully the project will help Gretel during the next sad weeks and months ... such a terrible tragedy....

Yarrow said...

I hope Gretel feels the genuine love and concern so many of us have for her. Thank you ladies for your support :D

Beth Niquette said...

How lovely this is. What a big warm heart you have!