Saturday, 26 January 2013

I must get back to the Studio!

I was looking for the Manga sketches and came across a couple of pictures of Finn.  He can be quite a time waster for me, as he's so acrobatic and loves an audience :D
His Mama, Cotton wanted in on the act and can you see Gigi's little ear to the right of the picture?
Here are the sketches I did for 'Manga Me'!  This is literally how I work some days, covered in kittens, who are now almost full grown cats.  It's not easy :D
I thought I'd share the Manga process for building a picture.  These are my sketches, using their methods, so ok to reproduce them here.  The angle of the head and curve of the spine determines the finished pose.
Then it's a case of fleshing out the joints and refining the details.
Look good don't I, hahaha.  This could be me at about 12years old, lol.  Apart from the hair, only now does the Moomin say that I have Manga hair.  A few years ago it was long and easily managed.  Since having it cut, it does it's own thing :D

The Angel painting is progressing slowly, mostly due to the fact that it's so cold in the Studio and I've spent a great deal of time in front of the fire re-writing my Reiki training manuals!  Naughty me, I must find more hours in the day :D
I'm sorry I've not visited many of you lately, but will get around to it very soon.  Take care dear blogging friends.x

6 comments:

laoi gaul~williams said...

i love all those kittens around :)
hope you are keeping warm xoxox

Yarrow said...

For the most part Laoi :D

rossichka said...

Hello! I'm glad to have some new from you! To know that you are in a good company, while drawing...:D To see your latest works in progress...
Have a nice and warm February! It must be sad in the cold studio...

Dragonfly Dreams said...

OH what fun all of you must have with those little (big) balls of fur! How do you keep them from attacking your brush or your pencil? Or bathing themselves while posed on your paper?

Beth Niquette said...

Toez the Polydactyl Cat often climbs all over me when I'm drawing. (grin) She's such a dear cat. A sort of "muse," if you will.

Tammie Lee said...

so fun to see your manga style pieces. fun with the kittens, i am smiling. though i do remember kitties bumping my hand while doing home work and having to start all over... back in the day before computerized home work.

lovely angel too.

funny the word 'kat' is in my word thingy below ;-)