Saturday, 2 March 2013

Steam.

 At last I've managed to get into the Studio despite all the many things in life that take up my time.  Time and priorities have been shuffled and I've a huge stack of pictures waiting for me to paint.  I've a couple of commissions plus a whole notebook of images and inspirations.

I started this one before Christmas, but for a while the Angel took over.  Now she's had to take a back seat while my Dragon took his turn.



I started off with some simple washes to lay down my colour scheme. 

More colour was worked in and the details tightened up.




There are still some changes to be made and I think the claw in the background should be holding something, also, I've forgotten to fill in the details of the Fairy's garter!!!  Time for more tea I think :D

4 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

such a magically gorgeous piece Kimberley! I love every detail. Your layers of color make it quite beautiful to see.

lovely Saturday to you ~

Yarrow said...

Thank you Tammie :D

Bovey Belle said...

Glad to see you back on line and working again. A magnificent dragon! and I'd love to hear the story of why there are wheels, cogs and a fairy beside him : )

Beth Niquette said...

I am a novice at watercolor, but am becoming a bigger fan all the time. Your brush has magic in it! Thank you for sharing how you do things--I loved the wash you used.

How beautiful--I adore faeries and dragons, too--this just fills my eyes.