Monday, 27 May 2013

Week 1 Sketches and words for week 2.

So here it is finally, the results for Week 1 of  the Word Sketches. 

How did everyone get on?  Well, I have to say that I had intended to do the sketches daily, but instead I left them until the weekend and fluffed them a bit, boo :(  This week, I intend to do the sketches each morning as a warm up before I get going with the paintings etc...

Well, here they are :


Sylvan.  This was a picture I sketched of a little fairy mound that I like to sit on in the woods.
   
Legend of the Valkyries, this has become a painting now which I'll share later.
Fusion, I like this idea and will explore it more.
Melody.  I pinched the idea for this from an old fairytale book I adored as a child.
Luminare, this is an old sketch that later became a painting, but I may redo it.
Time, and this is a very old sketch that later went on to become a clock!


Click on the picture to see it clearer.
I did cheat on two sketches that I already had, but the others flowed quite well.

Here is the Linky (I hope) for those of you who took part.  Add your details in the box below and fingers crossed.  I think this has been a bit of an experiment for week 1 and I hope to get it better next week.






The words I have for next week are:

Circus
Flutter
Dreaming
Phoenix
Water
Flamenco

Please let me know any feedback and also any words you want to include for Week 3.  Happy sketching :D

(My biggest headache, by the way, was getting the images resized and into a workable format.  My copy of Photoshop is more glitchy than a room full of Gremlins and my old standby the incredibly cheap and ancient Serif, is simply beyond my patience sometimes.  Still, it's done and I'll try and remember how I did it next week! )

7 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

hello,

your sketches are lovely to see, but also very hard to see so small. 3 of them i can kind of see, the other 3 i feel i am guessing at. maybe it is just my old eyes..... it was fun doing the sketches, thank you for hosting. lovely week to you.

Yarrow said...

Thank you for that comment Tammie, I may have to redo them :D

Bovey Belle said...

You have a failure with me as I have been laid up or trying to do too much this past week. Sigh. I have Tam here now, and another friend arriving on Sunday, so this week is out, but I will keep following and see if I can manage anything . . . Sorry.

Yarrow said...

No worries hun, it's all about fun and joining in when life permits :D

Tammie Lee said...

Oh, yes, much nicer to see, thank you!

Beth Niquette said...

Oh, this sounds like SO much fun!!!

Beth Niquette said...

By the way, I wanted to say what a gifted artist you are! I enjoyed each and every one of your sketches. Thank you for sharing them! You are inspiring.