Thursday, 30 May 2013

Work and Play

I've been taking Manchee to the woods this week to make the most of the cool, inspiring atmosphere.  The top two photos are of the woods near to my house while the 3rd one is a little further away and I have to take the car.  At the moment the woods are full of the sounds of busy birds and the scents of bluebells and wild garlic.  The garlic is in flower right now and the smell can be overpowering, but after a night of heavy rain it was gorgeous, fresh and still very good to eat :D
I love this tree and the way it's roots spread out in all directions.  You can't tell from this picture, but it's huge and has a cute little fairy pool around the far side, I must take more pictures next time.
These woods we visit every other week, but they go on for miles and right now I haven't the strength to venture too far.  It's also where my friend the Woodelf lives.  She's so lucky to have all this surrounding her home :D
Finally, my Valkyrie made into a painting.  Quite different for me, but I'm finding the more time I spend painting, the more I surprise myself with what happens

5 comments:

Dartford Warbler said...

How beautiful Yarrow! Happy memories of our lovely walk up on Stoner Hill at Steep. I can`t believe that was two years ago.

Your paintings are so imaginative and you have really developed a style of your own. As well as individual paintings, their prints would make a wonderful calendar and/or greetings cards.

So glad that you enjoyed a walk in the bluebells and the ramsons. I can imagine the scent! Hope you soon feel much better. DWx

Dragonfly Dreams said...

What a healing walk it must have been - your creativity and peacefulness are returning to your writing as well. Do take another walk when you feel up to it and share that fairy pool with us!

Tammie Lee said...

hello, your painting is wonderful. i love that it surprises you.

Such a lovely spring you have! beautiful.

Yarrow said...

Thank you dear friends :D
DW, I often think of our walk with BB, it was so much fun. I hope we can do it again someday :D

Beth Niquette said...

What wonderful magical places! And your artwork is incredible.