Tuesday, 16 July 2013

A needle felting break.

It's been an exhausting few weeks here at the Studio, so I took a break from painting and planting to do some needle felting. The sketch for this little guy has been on the back of an envelope tucked into my wool box for a few years and when tidying the Studio I found it and finally decided to make him.
He is made from local Southdowns wool covered with coloured soft Merino.
On his rump is my Oakmoon felting logo :D  He is off this week to a wool Exhibition at the Weald and Downland open air museum and then he'll be heading straight for my Etsy shop :D
What shall I make next?  I have a hankering for a Unicorn, having made a couple many years ago, or maybe Pegasus.....  It's the only way to work in this heat, stay inside in the cool and stab wool with sharp needles :D

4 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

He's so sweet. Remember - stab WOOL and NOT fingers . . .

rossichka said...

He'll find lots of admirers with this touchung, innocent expression!You have found such a pleasant way of enduring the heat...:)

Tammie Lee said...

oh my, absolutely adorable!

Dragonfly Dreams said...

(Argh..third try to comment...)

He is adorable! Will you be offering these on your web site to purchase?