Thursday, 11 July 2013

Glastonbury Wytches Market.

Finally, here are the pictures from my recent trip to Glastonbury and the Wytches Market. I had such a lovely day, despite getting up at 4am only to have the dog run off for a quick jaunt around the village. He came back just as we were about to set off at 5am, thankfully, but it was a scare I could have done without!!!

The hall started out looking so bare and ordinary.  It was fascinating watching the stalls grow and come to life with everyone's products.  Moomin came along to help and was great company. 
The stall looked nice enough, but next time I plan to have a more eye catching display.
There was a steady stream of visitors, despite the music festival nearby.  I was hoping maybe the Rolling Stones or Mumford and Sons might pop in for a chat and a cuppa!!! Apparently they were busy doing other things :D
I nearly didn't include this one of me, as I look so awkward in front of my stall, hehe!
This is my latest painting, and I have to say it's one of my favourites so far. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole process from sketch to painting. Shall I share the 'in-progress' pictures???

It's taken a while to recover from the whole experience, and I've been working in the garden for the other half of my business on the Holistic side. I now have a very respectable herb and vegetable bed, as I was running out of room in the back garden. I'm doing a certified course in herbalism at the moment and need somewhere for my medicinal herbs. I've posted a couple of pictures of it in the 'other' blog :D

I'll be updating my Etsy shop over the weekend and I also have some very neat little sculptures that I'll be working on too, so watch this space. I hope the weather is kind to you, wherever you are, it's totally scorchio here in Southern England at the moment!!!

9 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

you do sound busy doing all sorts of wonderful things. i think that is a wonderful photograph of you.

your latest painting is magically gorgeous. I would love to see the stages of it unfolding.

Dragonfly Dreams said...

Absolutely magical indeed! Did you do well at the market?

Yarrow said...

Thank you Tammie and DD, I did but mostly through new friends made :D

rossichka said...

It's so nice not only to read about your art experience, but aso to see where you've been and to smile, looking at you smiling! I'm sure this was one of those days that Moomin will remember and, who knows!, maybe one day you will accompany her on your turn somewhere, to share the moment...!
A beautiful painting in "your" colours. The magic ball attracts the attention...
I'm glad it's sunny and hot at your place, seems this gives you energy! Happy gardening!:))

Kath said...

I just came over from Jenni's blog. How interesting to find you, as I saw your stall at the Town Hall in Glastonbury (where I live). I do like that painting very much.

Kath said...

ps I just noticed on your side bar there is a dog like mine!

Yarrow said...

I'm glad you visited, Kath :D

Callies Cottage said...

Ooh I have wanted to get to that market but it is quite a distance from us,your work is sooo beautiful!..x

laoi gaul~williams said...

now this is odd...i just did my first stall at the new forest fairy festival and was thinking about the wytches markets!
your stall looked lovely as did you :)