Sunday, 29 September 2013

Dragon/Witch bottles

Just lately I've been preparing for the Glastonbury Wytches Market, which takes place next Saturday, the 5th in the Town Hall. This means that I've been making various things that I wouldn't normally do and I've been having a ball :D- These are my Dragon bottles, based around the old practice of making a Witch bottle to protect your home. This picture was taken before baking and sadly the little red dragon didn't survive!!!
This is a close up of one of the golden dragons. The process goes through several stages, making, baking and then careful preparation of the spell to go inside, this includes a combination of herbs from my garden and several corresponding crystals.  The spell is then sealed inside with a generous amount of Reiki for healing, love and luck. They measure about 2inches high, so are really cute :D
They will possibly go in the shop when I get back, but if you're coming to the Market, grab one at a discounted price as I won't have to charge postage and packing :D

5 comments:

laoi gaul~williams said...

ohhhh i hope there are some left...a perfect gift for swampys birthday!

Bovey Belle said...

Those look so cute and I hope they fly out!

Ruthie Redden said...

Kimberley i love your wee dragons, they look great wrapped around the bottles. Good luck at your craft fair, wish I could come along. Im doing exactly the same making lots of extras for one im doing in a few weeks too.

Dragonfly Dreams said...

I hope your dragons soar at the market! Afterwards, perhaps, if your not too weary of making wings and scales and such, you will put up a few online so those of us who really could use a dragon to fly there in time for the market, could have a wee one! They are sublime!

Yarrow said...

Thank you everyone for you kind comments. Some dragons will be in the shop in the next couple of days :D