Saturday, 21 December 2013

Solstice Blessings.

Solstice Blessings to all of my lovely friends in Blogland :D

I can't believe it's been over a month since I last posted on my blog!!! I've not been idle though, I had a big Fayre in November and produced the following paintings as prints and cards. They went down well :D


The kitties sold very well as little wall hangings :D

Meanwhile, we had to take the decision to move Bo from his rented yard to our little field.  There were many pros and cons and despite the peace of this picture, it didn't last long!  There were long stressy fights, even though Bo wasn't actually in with the other two, they fought over the fence and I was fearful for them all.  After two weeks, balance (and my sanity) was restored, so fingers crossed it continues!!!
Daily walks with Manchee were brought to a halt when he cut open his foot and it simply wouldn't heal.  Finally after three loooong weeks, he's allowed back out, but not the woods where he cut himself!
While the weather has become colder and wetter, I've tucked myself up in the warm making Christmas ornaments, although, I have to say that a Gnome is for life, and not just for Christmas :D
With this in mind, more of these little guys will be finding their way into my shop in the next few weeks :D
I also made a cute little polar bear, but feel he needs brightening up a little!
Christmas is just a few days away, so I'll be sharing more pictures of the decorations and my lovely, new to me, dresser :D I found it a few weeks ago in a junk shop, it was tatty and dirty, but after some sanding, it is much improved.  It looks like it has always been in my kitchen <3 br="">

5 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

Aha - NOW I can see the dresser. It looks fab and you've done a great restoration job on it.

Lovely to see your art work and crafts again too. LOVE the gnomes! The polar bear - perhaps he needs a Celtic sworl on him, or a little suggestion of the Aurora borealis on his rump?

I'm glad that the ponies have settled down a it. Bo looks lovely and much bigger than his dad.

Have a wonderful Solstice and enjoy the holiday with your children and animals . . . Hope to see you all again SOON and be neighbours in 2014. Jennie xx

Dartford Warbler said...

The dresser is lovely. What a find!

It`s good to hear that the ponies are settling down together. I expect that you got very wet feeding round this evening. I certainly did!

Beth Niquette said...

That kitty painting is just the cutest thing I've seen in a while! lol Glad to see you back, sweet Friend!

Merry Christmas!

Dragonfly Dreams said...

Love, love, love the gnomes! Have ye been naming them?

rossichka said...

You've been so busy during the last month! It's good to end the year without worries, so I suppose you feel great now!
I like your drawings and the Polar Bear - he looks so curious about the world around!:)
Merry New Year's Eve and a Happy New Year, Kimberley! May it bring health, love and success to you and your children!xx