Monday, 3 February 2014

Oh dear!!!

Well, my little foray into the tea stained world has faltered!!!  My painting has gone badly wrong and this is what I have learned. You need to have a very light touch when adding any colour to a tea-stained background, otherwise the result is a page of blotchy mud!I'm going to have a go at inking in some detail, but really the painting is just getting darker and darker and please don't ask me to share it, because I can't bear to look at it!!!

I still have some other sketches to get working on and I feel a great need to do some more pictures of my Little Unicorn.  He makes me so happy with his funny little shape and scruffy body, he reminds me exactly of my wee Merlin :D

Thankfully not all has been lost with my work though, my latest painting has turned out exactly as I wanted and will soon be in my Etsy shop and on my website.  When I get myself motivated to do the updates, that is!!!  It's so much fun just painting though!!!

So here it is, Dragon Elemental no.2 - Fire.

5 comments:

Dartford Warbler said...

I love your Dragon and his Dragon Whisperer friend!

Sorry about the tea stained paper. I have only ever written pirate letters on it but I can imagine you need to think about colour mixing and maybe experiment a bit?

Yarrow said...

Hehe, Was that in your Pirate days, DW :D

Abi said...

Fabulous painting - I love the tenderness you captured.
Less said about tea staining the better. right? good luck for next time though!

Yarrow said...

Thank you Abi, I think I'd feel that way if I was touching a real dragon :D

Dragonfly Dreams said...

Absolutely stunning! It is as if you were able to catch a moment in time of silent communication between your faerie and dragon.
(P.S. I am so very sorry about Charm!)