Sunday, 23 March 2014

A little work this week.

The graphite was originally intended as a way for me to brush up on my drawing skills, but I'm having so much fun that I just can't stop!
For this picture of a Doe, I decided to add a little colour.  I love it :D
The Dragon was probably the longest time I spent on a graphite picture.  Lifting out all of the highlights on his scales took forever and I totally lost myself in the task.
I really should have achieved a lot more this week, but I spent so long trying to get the perfect copies for a print run.  The trouble was that the photographs came out lilac on the printer.  I know there's probably some way that I could adjust the colours, but I'm not really technically minded so in the end I scanned the pictures and had to make do with cropped versions!  They worked out far better than I had hoped and the prints look lovely on 100% cotton paper.  The next job now is to get them in the Etsy shop and update my website :D

This week I hope to do some horse pictures and introduce a little more colour :D

6 comments:

Dartford Warbler said...

Your doe drawing is beautiful. So sensitively drawn and that splash of red in the rose hips was an inspired touch.

Tammie Lee said...

i also love the splash of color with your doe, really special. Sweet dragon too, the eye really pops to life!

rossichka said...

I like the red accent! It's good to know that you are busy and inspired! Waiting eagerly for your new horse drawings! Have a lovely week!:)

Bovey Belle said...

Wot they said!!! Brilliant drawings - keep at it with the graphite - it seems to be a good medium for your work.

laoi gaul~williams said...

i just love that doe...and the little bit of colour is so perfect xxoxo

Yarrow said...

Thank you my dears :D