Sunday, 2 March 2014

Internet friendships are amazing.

Two posts in one day???  I wanted this topic to have a post all of it's own. 

Over the years, I've made many friends online, some have gone on to be friends in the real world and others have endured only via my lap top.  Sadly some have vanished never to be heard of again!  Sometimes though, you share a blogging friendship with someone and know that if you ever met, you would be instant friends and so it has been with Rossichka from Out of The Shell.  She has such an engaging blog and her ability with paper cutting is incredible, please drop by and say hello if you're passing :D

I have had some bad days with my health and sometimes Rossichka's beautiful paper cuts simply lift my spirit.  Isn't it wonderful when we can do that for each other?  Imagine my delight when she asked for my postal address and when a mysterious package arrived a couple of weeks later.

This is a papercut called The King's Face.  It makes me smile so much every time I look at it :D It's going up on the Studio wall.
 Also in the package were these Martenitzas, little red and white bracelets/adornments worn on the 1st of March.  The whole tradition is explained Here.
 And finally, this beautiful picture of a horse, how could I not love it straight away?  This was made for the Chinese year of the Blue wooden horse and was created by an Artist friend of Rossichka.
Thank you my lovely friend, you really did make my day :D

5 comments:

Kim said...

Really good to hear from you! With my old PC went all my internet links, it's good to find you again. Glad to see you're still blogging and inspired!

rossichka said...

Dear Kimberley, this post is a gift for me! I'm so glad I made you happy! I was blushing, while reading...Thank you for the nice words!
You can wear the martenitzas until you see a stork or the first tree in blossom.I remember last year I tied up my martenitza to a yellow bush on 1 st of March. But this year it's very clod, still no leaves on the trees, so this means we will wear our martenitzas longer, something that people (especially the kids)adore!:)
Have a lovely, smiling March!:))

Yarrow said...

Good to see you here Kim :D

You're a very good friend Rossi and thank you for your kindness :D

laoi gaul~williams said...

i know what you mean about internet friends, i have made many over the years i have been blogging~some have become friends via social networking and some i have met and still meet in person. but no matter what the medium i know them they are all so special

Yarrow said...

You're so right Laoi and that's what makes blogging worthwhile :D