Tuesday, 11 March 2014

Still loving Graphite!

I'm surprised that I'm not bored with the graphite by now, but I'm not, not at all!!!
I finished the stag no.2 and then went right on to
a speeding hare.  I had a lot of fun with this :D
Then along came a robin, I guess this is more suited to December and I'll probably make a painted version of it for Christmas cards :D
The latest drawing is of a baby dragon.  I know at the moment it looks like a lizard (my inspiration), but once it's got wings and a few finishing touches it will look better :D
I'm thinking of having these pictures scanned and made into greetings cards, is that a good idea?  I'd love to hear which ones you like and why.  I feel a giveaway coming on.....  stay tuned :D

6 comments:

Dartford Warbler said...

Lovely work Yarrow - you really are "on a roll"!

I especially like the stag. He has real presence!

A local artist sells similar images as greetings cards and they do well. Good luck if you decide to have a go with this.

Yarrow said...

Thank you DW :D

Bovey Belle said...

Snap what WD said about the stag - I think your wild animals are the strongest of your drawings - you seem to capture their spirit.

Yarrow said...

Thank you BB.x

Kim said...

I love them all, but especially the hare. I remember once coming back from the gym one summers evening, as I drove up the country lane that leads to our village I saw two hares in the field to my right. I pulled over and watched them for ages, it almost made me cry watching how wild and free they were. Have you ever read any Charles de Lint? Hares make me feel just like the spirit of his books. I do love them all, saying that!

laoi gaul~williams said...

i love them, they are so perfect! i think cards and prints would do well :)