Sunday, 29 June 2014

Blogs revisited.

I'm not sure it's a good thing, dwelling on the past, but people who blog have an opportunity to view their past in a unique way.  More so than people who keep a journal or no records other than photos.  Bloggers capture words as well as images, snippets of your thoughts at that precise moment of typing and the words may be different to what you put in a journal.  My journal is for my eyes only, so I feel comfortable throwing in the odd swearword or cuss at a situation but I would never write that way here.

My old blog tended towards the 'warts and all' approach, but when I found myself alone in the world and had to begin again, I pulled back from sharing so much.  What was lost along the way, was the poetry of my life.  I'm amazed at how much I've changed and I need to reconnect with that part of my soul, so there may be some flowery descriptive pieces dropping in from time to time as I explore the beauty once more.


3 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

I know just what you mean. I have been "pruned to basics" with my blog postings this past year. So much on my mind I guess. Like you, I miss the "flowery" bits so will have to Try Harder!

Yarrow said...

We can be flowery together, BB :D

Beth Niquette said...

I've had the same thing happen to me. Interesting--perhaps great minds think alike? I am a lover of all things whimsical and beautiful, too. ((hugs))

Yes, let us all be flowery together!